Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hot Dog Bun




















As bread making is not my forte, in my earlier post my Hokkaido milk toast was not done very satisfactory to the standard. The bread was not very soft as the other bloggers had described. I am very sure there were mistakes during fermentation. So today I followed strictly to the recipe and the method to make another bread. To my expectation, the bread turned out to be soft and springy. I am really happy and satisfied with the efforts I had put in.

Recipe


Ingredients:(makes 6)

150 g bread flour

50 g plain flour

40 g fine sugar

1/2 egg

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon instant dry yeast

85 g cold water

30 g soft butter (room temperature)


Method:

1) Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well to form a rough dough. Then knead the dough until elastic, smooth and non-sticky.

2)Put the dough in a greased bowl and cover with cling wrap. Let it ferment for 35 to 40 minutes. Different brand of flour, time for fermentation may vary. As long as the dough becomes one and the half size bigger .
3) Take out dough and punch out the air, the divide into 60 g each, shape the dough into round balls. Covered with cling wrap and leave them in the fridge for 10 minutes.

4) Use a rolling to flatten the dough (not too thin) slightly bigger size than the hot dog. Place the hot dog on the flatten dough, roll it up.

5) Place them on a grease baking tray and let it ferment for 45 minutes.

6) Preheat oven at 180 degree C.

7) Egg wash the surface, put in the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment