Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Taiwan Style Braised meat rice (台湾肉燥饭)


Yesterday WEC was having retreat cum work plan seminar during our monthly meeting. I was requested to cook something for our makan session. As I also needed to prepare dinner for my family, I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone by cooking my family's favourite Taiwan braised minced meat rice.

Recipe

Ingredients:
~500 g minced meat (I used 300 g minced meat and 200 g meat strips)
~1 teaspoon chopped garlic
~50 g shallots (sliced)
~1 tablespoon pepper
~1 teaspoon cooking wine (hua tiao)
~1 tablespoon rock sugar
~200 ml premium soy sauce
~500 ml water (adjust to your own taste, may add more water if you think is too salty)
cooked plain rice

Method:

1) Heat up wok, put enough oil to saute the shallots until light brown and crispy. Dish up.
2) Saute garlic until fragrant, add in minced meat and stir fry until the meat turns white. Add in fried shallots, pepper, cooking wine, soy sauce, rock sugar and water cook until boiling, turn to slow fire continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
3) Serve hot with rice.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment