Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cincaluk Fried Rice

(

My niece, who runs a Nonya Restaurant in Melaka, had recently passed me a bottle of her super premium quality cincaluk. From my past bad experience ,cincaluk is very salty and smells stale. But until the day I patronized her restaurant, her cincaluk fried egg omelette changed my biased impression.

Today is my first attempt at frying rice with cincaluk. Actually I was inspired by one of my recipe books - they had dishes like cincaluk chicken; fried cincaluk omelette; fried rice and others.

My cincaluk fried rice turned out to be good and fragrant. We enjoyed eating it. My daughter suggested that if the dish had more lime leaves, some curry leaves and other herbs, it will have the similar taste to Nasi Ulam.

If you like cincaluk, give it a try. But make sure you buy a good quality one (better grade).

Recipe:

Ingredients:
(A)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
1 red chilli, shredded
1 green chilli, shredded
100 - 150 g chicken breast, cut into pieces
12 medium size (or more) prawns, shelled
4 bowls cold cooked rice
2 lime leaves (shredded)

(B) Blend together:
1.1/2 tbsp cincaluk
2 red chillies
2 red chilli padi (optional)
3 shallots
1 pip garlic
1 lemongrass (serai)
2 tbsp cooking oil

Seasoning:
1tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp water

Method:
1)Heat up oil, saute blended ingredients until fragrant. Add in onion, and stir fry until soft.
Bold
2) Add in chicken, prawn and stir fry until the meat is cooked. Add in seasoning and stir fry for a while.

3) Add in cooked rice and stir fry until well mixed and fragrant. Add in chillies and stir fry for a while. Dish up and serve.

May be you will like to visit this Authentic Home-Cooked Peranakan Cuisine:
Banya Restaurant
154, Taman Melaka Raya,
75000 Melaka.
Tel/Fax: 06-282 8297

2 comments:

  1. Me too, I find cincaluk to be salty and fishy. Totally no idea why some like it sooo much.
    But since you said its transforms into something so delicious when made into fried rice.. I'll give it a try ... that is if someone passes me a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious with the cincaluk, yum yum

    ReplyDelete