Sunday, May 20, 2012

Colourful Loaf



This is another bread recipe taken from 孟老师的100道面包。I did not have the chance to take a picture of the whole loaf  as I finished  my baking quite late in the night.  Next morning I was busy preparing breakfast for my family. By the time I realized, I only have a few slices left for the shot.

Ingredients (A):
300g high protein flour.
30g castor sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
5g instant yeast (1tsp + 1/4 tsp)
180g water

(B):
20g unsalted butter
1/2 tsp green tea powder
1/2 tsp curry powder ( I used strawberry emulco)
1/2 red yeast powder -红粷粉 (I don't use)

Method:
1) Combine ingredients (A) in a mixing bowl. Beat at slow speed until a dough is formed.

2) Add in unsalted butter continue to beat until a smooth and stretchable dough is formed.

3) Divide dough into 3 equal portions, add one type of colour to each portion. Knead well. Cover with a piece of damp cloth.  Rest for 60 minutes.

4)  Roll into spherical (ball/round) shape, rest for 15 minutes (cover with a piece of damp cloth). Shape each dough into a rectangular 30cm x 15cm, then roll into cylindrical shape (or thick noodle shape), join and make into plaits. Place it into a loaf pan.

5) Cover pan with lid and leave to proof for 60 minutes.

6) Bake at 190 degree C for 30 minutes, remove from pan once out from oven.

5 comments:

  1. Colourful bread look so attractive~ that why will finished earlier ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. 很美丽哦,那天我试了你的simple char siu,很好吃,不过,吃完了,才发现忘了拍照,嘻嘻:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronica, beautiful bread, look so soft and fluffy.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cass,谢谢你试了简易叉烧,拿来做叉烧包更好吃。

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amelia, thank you for your compliment. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete