Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fry Tomato With Egg - 番茄炒蛋





I personally like this dish.The ingredients are easy to get and cheap. Not just because of  that, tomato is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Potassium and also high in hycopene to help prevent heart disease and cancer. 

I have cooked this dish quite a number of times before, but I am not very satisfied, either the egg is over cooked or it turns out too dry.  Until yesterday I chanced upon this link and I tried it out today. I am happy with the result and like the consistency, the egg is not over cooked and the taste is just right done, it is not too sour and sweet, is not overly wet but juicy.

Recipe: Adapted from 楊桃美食網-3分鐘學做菜

Ingredients:
5 eggs
3 tomatoes
40 g spring onions

Seasoning:
50 c.c. (ml) stock
3 tablespoon tomato sauce (I put one tablespoon, as I do not want the overpowering tomato taste)
1 tbsp sugar (I used 1 teaspoon only as my tomatoes are sweet)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp corn starch water for thickening 

Method:
1.  Wash and clean the tomatoes, cut into pieces, cut spring onions into 2 cm long.
      Break eggs into a big bowl and add salt beat till mix well.
2.  Heat up wok, pour oil, saute spring onions, tomatoes over slow heat until fragrant.  Add in stock, sugar and 
     cornstarch water to cook for a while until a consistency you get..  Dish up.
3.  Heat up a clean wok, pour some oil, stir-fry the egg evenly and almost cooked (the egg should be a 
     little watery, soft) , add in (2) and toss up and till well combined. 

  楊桃美食網-3分鐘學做菜
材料
雞蛋 5顆
牛番茄 3顆
蔥 40公克

調味料
高湯 50cc
番茄醬 3大匙
細砂糖 1大匙
鹽 1/4茶匙
太白粉水 1大匙

做法:
1. 番茄洗淨切小塊;蔥切小段;雞蛋打入碗中,加入鹽打勻備用。
2. 熱鍋,倒入沙拉油,小火爆香蔥、番茄,再加入番茄醬、高湯、細砂糖煮開,用太白粉水勾­芡後起鍋備用。
3. 另熱鍋,倒入適量油,倒入作法1的蛋液快速炒勻至稍凝固,再加入作法2炒好的番茄拌炒­均勻即可。


4 comments:

  1. Veronica, this egg and tomato recipe looks delicious. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May i know what is cc stock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fish, C.C means cubic centimetre also can measure in millilimeters (ml). You may use chicken stock, beef stock or other stock. Thank you for dropping by. Hope to hear from you soon.

      Delete