Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Thai Style Butter Lemongrass Chicken - 泰式香茅牛油鸡


This is my first post of 2015.  Here I would like to wish every blogger and friend a very Happy New Year, Hopefully this year there would be more peace in the world and less disasters, both natural and man made.

This recipe has been with me for quite sometime.  Until today i have a chance to give it a try. Out of my expectation it turned out better than I assumed it would be. It tastes so good and the chicken is tender.  However, I thought that the Tom Yum paste overpowered the lemon grass. Perhaps I will add more lemon grass in my next attempt.

Gentle reminder, you need to cook more rice .lol


Recipe:  adapted from ho ho jiak! Hawkers' Fair

Ingredients A:
2 chicken whole legs - deboned and cut into pieces
2 tablespoon butter

Marinade:
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
dash of sesame oil and white pepper
1 small egg- lightly beaten
1 tablespoon corn flour
1 tablespoon plain flour

Ingredients B:
1 tablespoon lemongrass - diced
1 teaspoon chilli padi - sliced
1/2 teaspoon chopped kaffir lime leaf
1 tablespoon tom yam paste

100 ml  water

Method:
1) Marinate the chicken in the marinade for 30 minutes.
2)  Melt butter in a dry non-stick frying pan over medium fire, pan fry the chicken until golden brown.
3) Add in ingredients  and stir-fry until fragrant.  Add in 100 ml water and continue to cook  until the sauce has dried.  Dish up and serve.


6 comments:

  1. 好开胃也。。。。。。 要加饭哦。 嘻嘻嘻 。。

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chicken dish is absolutely awesome! And packed with flavours too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veron, it is very awesome indeed. It tastes better the next day.

      Delete
  3. Veronica, that's a rather unusual combination but I trust that it is super good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, this dish is simple and easy to prepare. Give it a try. I am sure you will like it.

      Delete